Here’s the big Google/On2Air/Airtable update you’ve been waiting for!
With Functions in our Actions app, you can now create new or templated files in Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Sheets using your Airtable data!!
What does this mean?
It means you can automatically create files in Google Drive and add text or images to the file with the information you have stored in your Airtable records. You can also create new folders in Drive and store the URL of the folder or the file in an Airtable field.
Oh, and did we mention when you combine these Google Functions with our Amplify app, your new file (the actual Doc, Sheet, or Slide) will be automatically displayed inside your Airtable base?
Google Function features:
- Create new or templated files in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides
- Create new folders in Google Drive
- Insert data from your Airtable records directly into any file
- Create dynamic files based on unique values in your records (ex: single-select options)
- Save newly created files all in one folder or in various folder based on unique values
- Save the templated URL or newly created merged file URL in your Airtable base
- Export the file and save in an Attachments field in your base
- Use the basic or shared Google Drive accounts
This is a game-changer for collaborating in Google Drive and Airtable.
You can now have ALL of your document management inside of Airtable.
⏲ We also added a new Scheduler feature to all our Functions
With the Scheduler, you can choose how often you want your Function to run. Choose instant updates or specific minutes, hours, days of the week, days of the month, and time zone.
With the scheduler, you no longer have to rely on Zapier or other service to process your Function on a pre-set schedule.
What are Functions?
Functions are no-code pre-made tasks for your bases, tables, and records in Airtable
With pre-made functions, you can perform a variety of tasks on your Airtable data. You can convert URLs into Attachments to store in your Attachment field, copy fields automatically, create default values for any field, import data from a URL into a table, calculate simple and complex financial equations, and much more.
You can see a list of all the available Functions here. (We also have plans to add more Functions on a regular basis, so this list is only going to grow!)