The Record Previewer view type in On2Air allows you to view content from your Airtable fields in full-screen. Fields like Attachments, URLs, Long text, Formulas, and more. You can add multiple fields in a single Record Previewer view type or multiple view types in a layout.
In this article
- About the Record Previewer View Type
- Add the Record Previewer View Type
- Record Previewer Settings
- Learn More
- All Block Views
About the Record Previewer View Type
The Record Previewer view type allows you to view any content from your base in full-screen from these field types:
- Attachment field (see list of types below)
- URL field
- Long text field - with or without rich text formatting
- Single line text field
- Formula field
- Rollup field
- Lookup field
The previewer can view these types of attachments from the attachment field in full-screen:
- Image and design files (.png, .jpg, gif, .psd, and .tiff file formats)
- Video files (HTML5 format, which is browser dependent)
- Word documents (.doc and .docx)
- Excel files (.xls, .xlsx, and .csv)
- Text files (.txt)
- PDF documents (.pdf)
- Powerpoint presentations without embedded videos (.ppt and .pptx)
- XML data (.xml)
Add the Record Previewer View Type
To add a Block view
- Click the gear icon above the layout
- Click the + icon
- Choose the Block View
You can also add a new Block from any other Block
Click the Menu icon on any Block
- Click the + Add Block icon
Record Previewer Settings
The Record Previewer Settings panel is where you can choose the field or multiple fields you want to preview.
- Choose the Settings icon
- Choose Field Visibility
- Select each field you want to display You can also use the Search box to filter and find the field you need. You can Filter by the Field type (button, checkbox, single select, etc.) to further refine your search.
- You can rearrange the order the fields are displayed in the Previewer by clicking the reorder icon
In Field Settings, you can choose the Field(s) you want to view and the Content Type of each field.
By default, each field is set to Auto Detect. If for some reason, your field is not displaying property, you can change the Content Type.
- For the Content Type, you can leave the default setting of ‘Auto Detect’ to allow Amplify to detect the file type
- Depending on the field type, you can also choose Text, Markdown, URL, Image, HTML, JSON, or PDF
Annotate PDF Files
You can annotate PDF files in your field. This uses an external open-source service, Hypothes.is.
Initial Setup for Annotations
You'll only have to do the setup part once
- First, create a free Hypothes.is account and activate the account with the email you receive
- Next, sign in to the new account from the Amplify app
- Click Public and choose New Private Group. This will keep all annotations to your account and for anyone you share the Annotation group with
- Refresh your Airtable page and you should see your new Annotation group name in the dropdown
Copy and share the group link with anyone who needs to create or view Annotations. They will need a Hypothes.is account also.
How to Create and View Annotations
- In any PDF document, drag your mouse over what you want to Annotate
- Click Annotate in the popup
- Write your text and click Post to 'Group Name'
- You can edit annotations by clicking the Annotation