- Core Actions Available
- Trigger Action
- Update Action
- Search Action
- Function Types Available for Google
- Google Docs Create/Export
- Google Slides Create/Export
- Google Sheets Create/Export
- Google Drive - Create Folders
- Google Sheets Table Sync
- Function Types Available for Record Processing
- Default Values
- Copy Field
- JSON Field
- Field Diff Log
- Function Types Available for Table Management
- Table Import
- Single Table Linked Records Sync (Backlinks)
- Function Types Available for Base Management
- Lookup Values (VLOOKUP)
- Trigger Upsert
- Understanding Actions and Functions Credits
Core Actions Available
Triggers allow you to initiate a process for automatically updating, modifying, or deleting single or multiple records in bulk to or from Airtable. Triggers can be used in Airtable Automations, Airtable Scripting, Zapier (over 2,500 other apps), or a Custom App.
On2Air Action Updates allows you to update, create, or delete single or multiple Airtable records. You can use updates in your Airtable Automations, Airtable Scripting, Zapier, or a Custom app.
A Search Action is a way to search your Airtable base and return single or multiple records for use in Airtable Automations, Airtable Scripting, Other Apps in Zapier, or a Custom App.
Function Types Available for Google
Create a new Google Docs file or Create a Google Docs file using data from your Airtable record. Additionally, you can store the URL of the newly created file in an Airtable field, save the file to a folder, and/or export the file to an Attachments field.
Create a new Google Slides file or Create a Google Slides file using data from your Airtable record. Additionally, you can store the URL of the newly created file in an Airtable field, save the file to a folder, and/or export the file to an Attachments field.
Create a new Google Sheets file or Create a Google Sheets file using data from your Airtable record. Additionally, you can store the URL of the newly created file in an Airtable field, save the file to a folder, and/or export the file to an Attachments field.
Create or Copy a new Google Drive folder and all its contents to a new Google Drive folder location
Sync Airtable Data into a Google Sheet - Used for full table syncing
Function Types Available for Record Processing
Set Default Values to be used fill in empty fields (ex: on record creation) - This will not fill in records with information already in a field.
Copy the value from one field to another field (can copy over multiple fields)
Save Record Fields as JSON in a single Notes field
Manipulate Arrays (Collections of your Airtable data)
Array Function Options:
- Extract/Convert to String - Extract data from Attachment, Collaborator, or Button fields to store info into separate text fields
- Items in One List But Not in Others - Extract values from one field that are not found in multiple other fields and add it to another field. This is useful for searching fields and finding any values that are not present and adding it to another field.
- Unique Arrays - Search 1 or multiple fields for unique data and store the unique values in another field. Useful for filtering out duplicates.
- Combine Arrays - Store data from multiple fields into a single field. Some duplicates may be in final results. Use the Unique Arrays function if don't want duplicates in your output.
- Select Random Item(s) - Select a random count of items from all fields provided
- Slice a subset from the array - Extract a subset of data from an range of data to store separately and add to a different field
- Reverse Array - Reverse the order of your field data and store in another field
- Sort Arrays- Sort the array (range of data) and store newly sorted data in another field
- Count Items - Determine the count of all items across all fields. You can store the data in a text or number field.
Process Images and Attachments
Attachment Function Options:
- Convert URLs to Attachments - Convert URL to an attachment and add to an Attachment field
- Extract URLs from Attachments - Extract full URLs from attachments and add the URL to another field
- Calculate Filesize Sum - Calculate the total file size of all attachments from a single Attachment field
Keep a running log of changes to any fields within a Long Text Field
Perform an extensive variety of math equations in your records
Math Function Options:
- Write Math Equation - Perform an extensive variety of math equations in your records (Algebra, Basic usage, Bignumbers, Chaining, Complex numbers, Expressions, Fractions, and more)
- Format Numerical Number - Format incoming numbers and output as a different format
- Convert to Another Unit - Convert units to a different unit (Length, Surface area, Volume, Liquid Volume, Angles, Time, Frequency, and more)
- Statistical Formula - Perform statistical functions on your records
Perform Financial Calculations on Records
Finance Function Options:
- Present Value - Returns the present value of an investment, or the total amount that a series of future payments is worth now.
- Future Value - Returns the future value of an investment based on periodic, equal, payments and a constant interest rate.
- Payment - Calculates the payment for a loan based on a constant stream of equal payments and a constant interest rate.
- Interest Payment - Returns the calculated interest portion of a payment for a specific period based on a constant stream of equal payments and a constant interest rate.
- Principal Payment - Returns the calculated principal portion of a payment for a specific period based on a constant stream of equal payments and a constant interest rate.
- Rate - Returns the interest rate per period for a loan or investment.
- Net Present Value - Returns the net present value of an investment based on a constant rate of return and a series of future payments/investments (as negative values) and income/return (as positive values).
- Internal Rate of Return - Returns the internal rate of return for a series of cash flows. NOTE: There must be at least one negative and one positive value as part of the cash flow. Cash flows are assumed to be due in the same order they are arranged in the cash flow values array.
Function Types Available for Table Management
Import Data from a URL into a Table
Export Data from a Table to a URL
If using a linked record to the same table, Airtable does not automatically create the backlink field like it does with linked records between 2 tables. This fixes that by auto-populating the backlink fields.
Function Types Available for Base Management
Lookup values from another table based on a field match and set in each triggered record. Similar to a VLOOKUP() call.
Perform an Update/Create/Upsert any time a record triggers